Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Chapter 10

Ok, just to clarify everything. Miriya is 20 and Cassie is 21. Miriya has been dating Jordan for about a year. Geno and Cassie have been dating for a few months even though they have known each other for about a year. It is November.

AT MIRIYA’S HOUSE

“So mom, dad, could I talk to you for a minute?” Miriya asked.

As she says this, Miriya’s parents sit down on the couch in her family room while Miriya and Jordan stand in front of them.

“Please tell me you’re not pregnant, because so help me God!...” Miriya’s dad starts to say getting angry.

“No dad, I’m not pregnant! But, I am an adult, so I think its time that I make my own decisions, so I am going to move into Jordan’s house.” As she says this, she grabs Jordan’s hand smiling. “I love Jordan, and I know that I want to be with him for the rest of my life. “

“Well, I hope you are making the right decision Meem.”

“I know I am.”

At that, her parents leave the room. “So, when do you want to start packing?” Jordan asked.

“Lets start now. Can you get the boxes that I put in your car and bring them up while I start to gather things up?”

“Sure thing sweetheart.”

Before she starts gathering her things up, she sends a quick text to Cassie.

-Hey, all went well here.

-That’s good. Do you need any help?

-No, I think Jordan and I got it.

-Ok. Ttyl.

“Who was that?” Geno mumbled against my neck.

“It was Miriya. She said that her parents were cool with her moving out.”

“Did she say she needed help?” he said sounding a little disappointed.

“No, she and Jor got it.”

“Good. Then I can go back to what I was doing.” He said as he started to kiss her forcefully.

Once he started to lift her shirt, it took all of Cassie’s strength to stop.

“Babe, we can’t. Besides, I’m hungry.”

Yeah, I am too… but not for food Geno thought.

She readjusts her shirt, and makes her way down to Geno’s kitchen to find a take out menu.

“Does Italian sound good?”

“Yep.” He yells from the living room.

After I order the food, she texts Miriya to find out how the move went.

-Hey, how is the moving going?

-It’s going great. We are on my apartment to get the rest of my things. Then we are going to go over to Jordan’s.

When I was done texting Miriya, I went into the living room and sat next to Geno.

“What cha watchin’?”

“I don’t know yet. I’m still looking.”

Later that night at dinner.

“So what do you think about going to my parents house for Thanksgiving? There wont be a lot of family there, and its very laid back and casual.”

“Isn’t it a little too soon to be meeting your parents?” Geno asked laughing to himself.

“No. They know that I am seeing someone, I just never told them who. They want to know who took their “little girls” heart.”

“I think that would be a great if we went over to have Thanksgiving dinner. When are we going to go over?”

“I don’t know all the details yet, but I will let you know.”

After dinner, Geno takes me back to my apartment. When I get into the elevator, I send a quick text to my sister telling her that Geno and I will be over for Thanksgiving dinner.

In the morning, I wake up and take a quick shower before I hear a nock at my door.

“HOLD ON! I’LL BE RIGHT THERE!”

I open up the door and see my sister, Amanda, bright eyed and bushy tailed with bagels and tea in hand.

“What the hell are you doing here at 9 in the freaking morning?!”

“Oh, I just wanted to meet your new boy before you bring him over for dinner. Where is he any way?”

“At his house. Why would he be here?”

“I don’t know, I just figured that he would be here.”

“Well, I’m sorry to disappoint you, but he isn’t here, and he had to do something this morning and wont come to pick me up till about 3.”

“Oh. Well, can he take me home with you guys? Mom just dropped me off.”

“No he 3can’t. I can take you home right now. Sorry. You are just going to have to meet him when everyone else meets him.”

Needless to say that she was a little bit pissed was an understatement. I mean, if she was a hockey fan AT ALL she probably would know who my boyfriend was.

After dropping her off at my parent’s house, I head back to my apartment and straighten up a little bit.

“Hey babe,” Geno says as he pulls me into an intimate kiss. “Ready to go?”

“As ready as I’ll ever be.” I say taking a deep breath as I walk out the door and walk towards his Porsche. When we start to drive towards my parent’s house, I decide that it would be best to brief Geno about my family.

“So, my mom is kind of crazy and outgoing. My dad is a big hockey fan, so I apologize if you get attacked when you walk in the door. And my sister, well she is “out there”, but she is excited to see you, so you should probably expect to see her sitting out on the porch waiting for us to arrive.”

“Cass, I’m sure that I will love your family no matter what. Don’t worry. Everything is going to be fine. “

“I sure hope so.” I say trying to give him a reassuring look then looking out the window.

“Should we have brought something for dinner?”

“Nope. I talked to my dad and he said that he got it all covered. He just wanted me to bring you.”

When we drove up in front of the house I looked up and saw my sister. “I called it!”

“What did you call?”

“My sister is there waiting for us.

“Oh, ok.”

Geno and I got out of the car and he grabbed my hand as we walked towards the house.

We approach the house and I just see my sister’s jaw drop as she drools over Geno.

“Amanda… breathe…”

“Shut up! Hi, I’m Amanda… and you are?”

“Evgeni Malkin. It’s nice to meet you.”

“Amanda, do you know if dad needs any help?”

“No, why?”

“Go see and give him some help will ya?”

Begrudgingly, she walks into the house giving Geno and I a moment to ourselves.

“Sorry about that.”

“No, it’s fine. Now, lets go inside.”

“Not until we do this.” I say as I lean up to kiss him. “We probably wont be able to do that while we are here.”

“That’s completely fine with me.” He says with a smile, takes my hand and leads me to the door.

I take a deep breath and walk in the door. “We’re here!”

“Hey Cass!”

“Darby? What are you doing here?!”

“Thanksgiving. DUH!”

“Wow. Ok. I just wasn’t expecting to see you. Who’s all here?”

“Umm… my family, David, Joey and Steph, JoJo… so when were you going to introduce me to your friend?”

“Oh yeah.. Geno, this is Darby my cousin. Darby, this is my boyfriend, Geno.”

“It’s nice to meet you Geno. DAVID! COME HERE! I WANT YOU TO MEET SOMEONE!” She yells.

Right then, David comes up behind Darby. “Oh hey Cass. WOAH! Darb, its Evgeni Malkin!” She stares at him with a blank look on her face. “Evgeni Malkin from the Pittsburgh Penguins…”

“It’s nice to meet you too.” Geno says laughing.

“Oh, sorry. I’m David, Darby’s boyfriend. It’s great to meet you too!”

“Well babe, I’m going to go say hello to my parents. If you want, you can stay here.”

“It’s alright. I’ll go with you.”

We walk into the kitchen and find my dad carving the turkey and my mom putting bread into the oven.

“Mom, dad. I want you to meet someone.”

As I say this, they both look up with a smile on their face. When my dad realizes who is standing next to me his smile gets even bigger.

“Mom, dad, this is Evgeni. Geno, these are my parents Vicky and Brad.”

“It’s a pleasure meeting you both.”

Right then I get a text from Amanda saying that she needs to talk to me “privately”.

“Geno, I have to go, I will be right back I promise.”

I go upstairs and walk into my sister’s room and she is literally staring me down.

“Ok, how did you meet him? And where the hell can I get one?!”

“I met him at work, and you can’t get one. Is that all you wanted because I need to get back downstairs.”

“Yeah I guess.”

When I walk downstairs, I see Geno sitting on the couch playing an intense Go Fish game with Darby, which is a sight to be seen. I go over to him and sit down next to him. “Hey babe, is everything ok?”

“Yeah. Everything’s great. How are you?”

“Haha… he’s losing Go Fish!” Darby chimes in.

“Dinner’s ready!” My dad said.

At dinner, everything went smoothly. My kept asking Geno questions and he gratefully answered them. They even told him stories about my as a kid.

“Oh Cassie. You will never guess who I ran into at the mall yesterday.”

“Who?”

“David. You know from up the street?”

“Wow, how is he?”

“He’s doing good. Don’t be mad, but I gave him your number.”

“Mmmoooommmm. Why did you do that?”

“I just thought that you would want to meet up with him and catch up. You two used to be friends you know.”

“Yeah, I know. Can you pass the pie please?”

1 comment:

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

Yay for Miriya moving in with Jordan.
Cassie and Geno are adorable, I wish that I had someone like him, or Jordan. =]
There would be a lot of people there for dinner, I feel bad for Geno.
"It's Evgeni Malkin." "Who?" I feel like he doesn't get that a lot.
Can't wait for more.