Friday, July 18, 2008

Geno- Chapter 2

********************************************************************************************
In 2007, Geno came to play on the Pittsburgh Penguins. I had just started working there as equipment manager. I developed great relationships with the guys, but once I met Geno, I knew something was going to be different. The first year had been kind of difficult with him because he didn’t know English. During the summer after that season, we all (aka the team, Miriya, Michelle and I) hung out. A LOT. During which we tried to teach him some English. That’s when Geno’s and my relationship changed. We started to become close friends. Also during that season, Miriya became an announcer for the Pittsburgh Penguins and Michelle became the head physician for them.

********************************************************************************************
The Pens won 3-0. Geno got the first goal by Gonchar. Sidney got a shorthanded goal on a power kill, and Jordan made the third goal which was assisted by Geno and Sidney on the power play. After the game, the guys did their interviews and went to take their showers. While all that was going on, I started to clean up and started to pack the guy’s things together for the away game tomorrow. Once Miriya was done, she came down to congratulate the team. While she was doing that, Geno snuck up behind me, grabbed my arm and pulled me to his stall, setting me on his lap. Miriya saw this and decided to ask me about it later. Max came out of the shower and noticed that I was on Geno’s lap. He whistled and said, “GO GENO!” Simultaneously, we looked over at him and glared.
“Well, I think he’s waiting for us to kiss or something.” Geno said sarcastically.
“Then let’s really give him something to gawk at.”
At that moment, our lips met with a fierce passion. I reached up and linked my hands together behind his neck as he rested his hands on my hips after he pulled me closer to him. (As if I could get any closer.) As we expected, Max’s jaw dropped. We broke free and smiled. I slid off his lap and continued what I was doing so I could get home at a somewhat reasonable hour. Forty-five minutes passed and the only people left in the locker room were me, Miriya, and Geno.
“Hey Cas! Are you ready to go?” Miriya asked.
“Yeah. Let me say good night to Geno.” I replied.
“Hey Geno.”
He walked over and wrapped me in a big hug.
“Good night. I’ll see you tomorrow.”
After I said this, he bend his head down and he gave me a good night kiss.
“Good night baby. See you in the morning.” He said giving me one last hug.
Geno and I grabbed our things, and walked out to the parking lot with Miriya. Once in the car, I waved to Geno one last time.
“So, what was that all about?” Miriya asked curiously.
“What?”
“What was the whole being all over Geno about?”
“Oh, that. Umm… well, when I got in today, he was in the locker room. After he got out, he asked me if I wanted to go get something to eat before the guys got there. When we got back, I was going to try to finish getting the things ready for the guys, but he grabbed my arm and kissed me. Then he told me he really liked me and asked if I wanted to be his girlfriend. I said yes, and then Gronk saw us kissing, and yeah. That’s the whole story. Why?”
“Woah! I guess you two didn’t waste much time, did you?”
“Oh, shut up!!! Don’t act like you didn’t do that with Jordan when you two started going out!” Just then, I turned the radio up so she couldn’t interrogate me more. The rest of the ride home was quiet, with the exception of the blasting radio.

No comments: