Friday, July 18, 2008

Geno- Chapter 1

I woke up in a cold sweat.
I start talking to myself, “Oh my gosh! I had that dream again. I was with him and we got close. Real close. I wish I had the courage to go up and talk to him. I mean, it’s not like I never had the chance! He would never go for a girl like me. Would he?”
As I pondered that thought, I went to get something to eat.
_______________________________________________________________________

“Hey Cassie, what’s up with you?” Miriya asked.
“Oh, nothing. Just thinking about something. That’s all.”
“Well, stop thinking so hard. You’re starting to freak me out a little bit.

We drive to the Mellon.
“So, you ready for the game?” Miriya asked.
I think to myself, as ready as I’ll ever be.
“Yeah, why?”
Just wondering. Geez! What’s wrong?”
“Nothing. I just have a lot on my mind. That’s all.”
“Ok, well, SNAP OUT OF IT! We have a game today, and it’s your job to make sure that everyone has everything that they need! I’ll see you later. I have to go get ready.”

Miriya leaves and I head down to the locker room to make sure everything is in its place, ready for the players. When I get down there, I know that I am not the only one that got to work early that day. I looked over to Geno’s stall and I see that his clothes are there. My heart skips a few beats. I hear the shower turn off. A few minutes later, Geno walks into the locker room only in his towel.
“Hey. Sorry. I thought I would come in early. I didn’t think any one would be here. How are you?” Geno asked as he grabbed his clothes.
“It’s alright. Miriya had to come in early today, and I just thought that I would come in early too. If you want me to leave, I will.” I say, avoiding ALL eye contact possible. It’s really hard though because now he is sitting there, half dressed. He looks SO good! LOOK AWAY!!!
“No, it’s alright. I like the company.”
“Ok then.”
I start to get everything out that needs to be. i.e. the water, tape, skates, helmets, etc. the boys would be SO lost if I wasn’t here.
“Hey Cas?” Geno asked from his stall.
“Yeah Geno?”
“We have some time before the others get here. Would you like to get something to eat or something?”
“Sure.”

__________________________________________________________________
Geno’s Thoughts
Wow, she is so hot! Wait. She is my friend! I really shouldn’t be having thoughts like this. Or should I? Should I ask her out? What will she say? If I say anything, will she get wierded out and stop being friends with me?
___________________________________________________________________


When they got back to the arena, there was no one there yet. Cassie and Geno went to the locker room.
“Well, I think I should start getting ready.” Geno said.
“Oh, ok. I’m just going to go sit and read a book.”
As I started to walk out, Geno grabbed my arm and turned me around. Before I could object, his hard lips pressed against mine.
“Wha… What was that for?” I asked shocked.
“Cassie, I know we’re just friends, but I’ve been thinking. I don’t know how to say this, but I really like you.”
“I kind of like you too Geno.”
“Would you be my… g-girlfriend?” Geno asked.
“Yes!” I exclaimed!
He turned around still blushing, and still holding on to Cassie’s waist.
“Cassie?” Gronk said sounding confused, “Geno, WHY are you kissing her?!”
“Oh, you don’t know?”
“Know what?” Gronk asked.
“We’re kind of… ummm…. Going out.” Geno said as we both were still blushing.
“Well, good luck with that.” Gronk said.

No comments: